Heading the ball could also be a dying artwork in soccer, however it nonetheless completely has its place within the sport.
Whether or not it is arriving on the far put up to attain a purpose on your crew or being in the correct place on the proper time to clear away hazard in your individual field, getting your head to the ball will be simply as vital as any cross or deal with.
Watch the story of Charlotte FC’s journey to MLS in 90min’s The Making of Charlotte FC, introduced by DoorDash, on 90min channels now. Subscribe to our new US YouTube channel.
Although for a league that focuses totally on preserving the ball on the bottom, there are many good goal males and tall center-backs dominating the aerial battles in MLS proper now. Preserve observe of who leads on this explicit metric all through the 2022 season beneath:
Gamers with the identical variety of aerial duels received are separated by minutes performed.
- Steven Birnbaum, DC United – 125 (2,070 minutes)
- CJ Sapong, Nashville SC – 101 (1,929 minutes)
- Sean Nealis, New York Purple Bulls – 95 (2,053 minutes)
- Walker Zimmerman, Nashville SC – 80 (1,935 minutes)
- Nick Hagglund, FC Cincinnati – 75 (1,871 minutes)
- Brandon Vazquez, FC Cincinnati – 66 (1,930 minutes)
- Kacper Przybylko, Chicago Hearth – 63 (1,390 minutes)
- Aaron Lengthy, New York Purple Bulls – 63 (1,741 minutes)
- Lucas Cavallini, Vancouver Whitecaps – 62 (1,285 minutes)
- Kei Kamara, CF Montreal – 58 (1,083 minutes)